Another top draw among festival attendees, the cultural booths have come to represent most Latin American countries, providing audiences with a deeper cultural understanding of the nuance and diversity within the Latino community. One of the most prevalent comments is “I didn’t know their are so many Latin American people from so many different countries in Iowa!” It has made us extremely proud to give populations of Latinos a voice and presence to celebrate and share their country’s heritage. As people visit these cultural booths, they learn about dance, arts and crafts, food, language, customs, politics, demographics, celebrations, and so much more. It is the type of information that enriches a student’s learning no matter the age, and one which equips all Iowa employees to understand the richness of diversity.
If you’re interested in exhibiting at Iowa’s Latino Heritage Festival please fill out our online form by clicking here.
Show your pride
We are currently seeking people to participate in our cultural booths exhibition.
This entails setting up an exhibit to display the culture and heritage of a specific Latino country. We are looking for uniqueness and creativity to visually show the richness of the culture.
These are just a few examples of how we will be able to demonstrate to the public the diversity within the different Latino countries. Some examples to achieve this are…
- What form of dance is specific to that country?
- What are the specific arts and crafts unique to that country?
- What are the different foods specific to that country?
- What are the dialects of a language within that country?
- Visually show and demonstrate the people and customs through photography.
- What are some of the unique festivals held within that country and what do they represent?
- What is the landscape of that country like?
- What is daily living like in that country? Is their siestas after a big mid-day meal?
We are looking for the following countries to participate in the Latino cultural booths exhibition…
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Puerto Rico
- Dominican Republic
For more information, please contact us.